Monday 13 July 2015

Colorado Theatre Trial Day 48 (I think)

I only watched about 30 minutes of today's proceedings. The only thing they did today was go over additional jury instructions. Tomorrow is the big day with closing arguments. 

The defence wanted to make a lot of changes to the jury instructions and to the forms that the jury has to fill out for each of the charges. I think in total there are 165 forms, one for each charge against Holmes. The defence is upset that the forms don't make it clear that the jury has the option to choose "not guilty by means of insanity."  They do have the option but it's written oddly on the forms. But the judge has disagreed with their arguments and says he's following Colorado law to the letter and isn't able to make the changes they're requesting. 

They had quite the argument over this. And the judge was mad too about some sort of motion that the defence filed but hadn't brought up in open court. I'm not sure if that was regarding the same argument or something different. 

When I checked back around 3pm the live stream was off so they must have finished whatever they were working on and adjourned for the day. 

Both Friday afternoon and today King and Brachler weren't in court. I'm guessing their off preparing and practicing their closing arguments. There were other folks missing too, but I suspect everyone will be there tomorrow.

I hope the jury doesn't deliberate long. I'm not sure what I'll listen to at work while they're not in court!!





No comments:

Post a Comment